Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default silver, gold, silver, black, brown Who can read its value?

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is silver,
gold, silver, black, brown
or brown, black, silver, gold, silver.
I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it ??
thank you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

budgie เขียน:
On 8 Dec 2006 17:51:57 -0800, "hotjomo" wrote:

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is silver,
gold, silver, black, brown
or brown, black, silver, gold, silver.
I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it ??
thank you.

I'd suspect it starts with brown-black, but for me silver doesn't compute in the
middle position. Have a close look at that third band and check out:

http://www.kitz.ozware.com/resistor5b.html

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hotjomo" wrote in
oups.com:

budgie เขียน:
On 8 Dec 2006 17:51:57 -0800, "hotjomo" wrote:

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is
silver, gold, silver, black, brown
or brown, black, silver, gold, silver.
I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it
?? thank you.

I'd suspect it starts with brown-black, but for me silver doesn't
compute

in the
middle position. Have a close look at that third band and check out:

http://www.kitz.ozware.com/resistor5b.html

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

Measure it with an ohmmeter and let us know how many ohms. Maybe then we
can figure out the color code!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"hotjomo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

http://engr.astate.edu/circuits/resistor-code1.jpg

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"hotjomo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

http://engr.astate.edu/circuits/resistor-code1.jpg

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

might the extra silver be a temperature co-efficient band?
/random guessingness
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark Fortune" wrote in message
Homer J Simpson wrote:
"hotjomo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

http://engr.astate.edu/circuits/resistor-code1.jpg

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

might the extra silver be a temperature co-efficient band?
/random guessingness

I suspect the 'silver' is actually grey.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 07:05:12 GMT, "Homer J Simpson" wrote:

"Mark Fortune" wrote in message
.. .
Homer J Simpson wrote:
"hotjomo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

http://engr.astate.edu/circuits/resistor-code1.jpg

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

might the extra silver be a temperature co-efficient band?
/random guessingness

I suspect the 'silver' is actually grey.

That was also my bet, which is why I suggested a close look at #3.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"hotjomo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank alot : budgie
But it's very sure = brown, black, silver, gold, silver

http://engr.astate.edu/circuits/resistor-code1.jpg

Probably 0.1 ohm 5% but odd to have the extra silver band.

I agree with 0R1 @ 5%. I would suggest also that it is possibly a fusible /
safety resistor, particularly if it is open circuit with no obvious signs of
distress. I have seen fusibles with extra silver or gold bands on them, that
appear to make no sense in the value scheme. If it is such, it should be
replaced with a similar type and rating only, to preserve safety, and likely
compliance. What is the piece of kit that the resistor is in, and
whereabouts in the circuit? Might give an extra clue.

Don't know if this might be of some help ??
http://www.elexp.com/t_resist.htm

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 8 Dec 2006 17:51:57 -0800, "hotjomo" wrote:

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is silver,
gold, silver, black, brown
or brown, black, silver, gold, silver.
I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it ??
thank you.

0.1 Ohms

Brown - black - silver

1 - 0 - x0.01

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:56:17 +0100, Ole Geisler wrote:

On 8 Dec 2006 17:51:57 -0800, "hotjomo" wrote:

Hi, it's the color code on a resistor, I'm unsure its order is silver,
gold, silver, black, brown
or brown, black, silver, gold, silver.
I never seen color code like this before, anyone know how to read it ??
thank you.

0.1 Ohms

Brown - black - silver

1 - 0 - x0.01

That's only if you treat it as a four-band code.