Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broken Oven Light

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for removing a broken oven bulb from its socket in
the oven? The damn thing broke in my hands (luckily I was using a towel) and
I'm left with the screw/bayonet fitting jammed in the socket.

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Endulini wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for removing a broken oven bulb from its
socket in the oven? The damn thing broke in my hands (luckily I was
using a towel) and I'm left with the screw/bayonet fitting jammed in
the socket.
Cheers

I read that one should jam a potato into the remaining sharp bits and use it
as a handle. I've never had cause to see if it works though.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:40:08 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Pair of snipe nose pliers?

Turn off the power at the isolator first though!

You have always been a spoilsport Dennis! )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Endulini wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for removing a broken oven bulb from its
socket in the oven? The damn thing broke in my hands (luckily I was
using a towel) and I'm left with the screw/bayonet fitting jammed in
the socket.
Cheers

I read that one should jam a potato into the remaining sharp bits and use
it as a handle. I've never had cause to see if it works though.

Si

It works with carrots. BTDTGTTS.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot writes

I read that one should jam a potato into the remaining sharp bits and use it
as a handle.

No good, it's to soft.

A cork works fine, especially if it's one from a bottle of champagne or
cava. Not boasting; the knobbly head of the cork makes it easier to
handle.

Push it hard into the remains of the broken bulb and twist.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.