Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Elec oven heating element broken

Something happened to the bottom heating element and one end has broken off
from the point where it connects to the back of the oven. Is this easily
replaced, or do I look for a new stove?

Its only a few years old (5?) -- Frigidaire. I called the 1 800 # and
electrolux answered, but no one was there.

Thanks

--

:O:
Wesley Dowling

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:18:17 -0400, "MoonsOfJupiter"
wrote:

Something happened to the bottom heating element and one end has broken off
from the point where it connects to the back of the oven. Is this easily
replaced, or do I look for a new stove?

Its only a few years old (5?) -- Frigidaire. I called the 1 800 # and
electrolux answered, but no one was there.

Thanks

www.partsdirect.com

It's an easy fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 10, 8:23 pm, (Lamey) wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:18:17 -0400, "MoonsOfJupiter"

snip

www.partsdirect.com

It's an easy fix.

Also www.repairclinic.com

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Something happened to the bottom heating element and one end has broken off
from the point where it connects to the back of the oven. Is this easily
replaced, or do I look for a new stove?

There are at least two other choices, that it is replaced with some
difficulty, and that it is replaced by calling a service man.

I don't know this brand or this model, but mine is easy. Turn off the
circuit breaker for the oven. Put tape over the breaker so that no one
else will turn it back on when you are in the other room. Make sure
you have the right circuit breaker by turning the oven on. It should
not go on.

In my case, it just takes unscrewing two screws at the back of the
oven, pulling the wires out a bit, and sliding the flat metal sleeves
off the flat metal tabs on the element. You'll probably have to pull
the piece that broke off out of its sleeve too. Reverse to install
the new one.

But someone else here probably knows your brand and you should wait
for him for better details.

Its only a few years old (5?) -- Frigidaire. I called the 1 800 # and
electrolux answered, but no one was there.

That's sad.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Something happened to the bottom heating element and one end has broken off
from the point where it connects to the back of the oven. Is this easily
replaced, or do I look for a new stove?

Get a new stove. I'll remove the old one from your house for $50
disposal fee.

There are at least two other choices, that it is replaced with some
difficulty, and that it is replaced by calling a service man.

Or it's repaired by duct taping it back together.

I don't know this brand or this model, but mine is easy. Turn off the
circuit breaker for the oven. Put tape over the breaker so that no one
else will turn it back on when you are in the other room. Make sure

Or tape everyone in the house to a chair, door, or the wall. Use 5 to
10 rolls of duct tape on each person.

you have the right circuit breaker by turning the oven on. It should
not go on.

In my case, it just takes unscrewing two screws at the back of the
oven, pulling the wires out a bit, and sliding the flat metal sleeves
off the flat metal tabs on the element. You'll probably have to pull
the piece that broke off out of its sleeve too. Reverse to install
the new one.

But someone else here probably knows your brand and you should wait
for him for better details.

Its only a few years old (5?) -- Frigidaire. I called the 1 800 # and
electrolux answered, but no one was there.

That's sad.

Thanks

Oven won't heat up-is it the element or the switch? David Cook Home Repair 15 October 22nd 09 08:36 AM
GE oven lower bake element burned thru replaced element no power to oven Ken Home Repair 1 April 13th 06 12:49 PM
GE Oven has 50v on element lead with oven OFF [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 January 18th 06 12:52 PM
GE oven element Curmudgeon Home Repair 4 March 9th 04 04:14 AM
homark oven element Velvet UK diy 1 July 29th 03 07:04 PM