Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default green chipboard for bathroom floor

Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

Many thanks,

Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:
Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

Many thanks,

Robert

What will happen when it gets wet? It swells up and disintegrates. I'd
never use plain chip for a bathroom floor - seems your builders would.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 5, 7:01*pm, RobertL wrote:
Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. *I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

Many thanks,

Robert

It needs to be P5 board rather P4. Some brands are green, but not all,
so have a look at what's printed on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 June, 19:19, "
wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:01*pm, RobertL wrote:

Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. *I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

Many thanks,

Robert

It needs to be P5 board rather P4. Some brands are green, but not all,
so have a look at what's printed on it.

Aha, thanks for that, exactly what I needed to know. I'll check it
tomorrow.

Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:
Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

The secret with any chip. green included, is not letting it get wet.

Make sure the vinyl is well laid, and there are no corners where
splashes collect.

Many thanks,

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 June, 21:10, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
RobertL wrote:
Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the
bathroom floor with - but it's brown. *I was expecting it to be green
(water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put
vinyl on it.

The secret with any chip. green included, is not letting it get wet.

Make sure the vinyl is well laid, and there are no corners where
splashes collect.

Sound advice thank you. We plan to have a 50mm upward cove ("gradus
coving" at the edges so the vinyl will form a waterproof 'tray'.

I have checked and it is P5 board.

thanks to all.

Robert

Tiling over chipboard floor Paul Giverin UK diy 5 November 6th 06 08:47 AM
Treating chipboard floor Mike Smith UK diy 2 April 24th 06 01:07 PM
Chipboard floor antgel UK diy 8 May 9th 05 07:09 PM
18mm or 22mm chipboard floor? inNeedofHelp UK diy 10 March 11th 05 02:39 PM
floating chipboard floor in2minds UK diy 8 February 5th 05 05:23 PM