Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default installing internal water meter

is it possible to install a seperate water meter in the house (loft)
to determine usage? I wish to let loft out as a studio and want to
guage water usage - thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 5, 1:33*pm, Toby wrote:
wrote:
is it possible to install a seperate water meter in the house (loft)
to determine usage? I wish to let loft out as a studio and want to
guage water usage - thanks

If the loft is going to have it's own separate water heating
arrangements, then you just need one meter in the cold supply to the
outlets and any heating appliances, otherwise you will need two, one
rated for use with hot water.

If you are planning on supplying hot water, do you have a mains pressure
hot water system already?

Toby...

I'm planning on supplyin cold water to loft but connected to an
immersion heater of some sort so it electrically heated
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
is it possible to install a seperate water meter in the house (loft)
to determine usage? I wish to let loft out as a studio and want to
guage water usage - thanks

At my last place, I bought a flow transducer from RS components, and
wrote a diddy for a computer to track water usage - dead easy and
relatively cheap: The pc was running 24/7 anyway as it controlled my
c/h

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...ct&R=025713 3

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

is it possible to install a seperate water meter in the house (loft)
to determine usage? I wish to let loft out as a studio and want to
guage water usage - thanks

It's easy enough to instal your own meter if you're capable of elementary
plumbing. I installed my own in the house supply in order to determine
whether I'd better off with a metered supply.

I bought one of these:
http://www.watergardeningdirect.com/...BOH100#aBOH100

(watch the wrap!) intended for connection into a hosepipe to measure garden
consumption - but it was easy enough to replace the hose adapters with
3/4"FI to 15mm comp fittings to fit into a 15mm copper pipe.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 5, 1:22*pm, wrote:
is it possible to install a seperate water meter in the house (loft)
to determine usage? I wish to let loft out as a studio and want to
guage water usage - thanks

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/102.asp

£15 for a basic one.