Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trampoline

Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Leveled" wrote in message
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

somewhere that sells them?
hth
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

I nearly tripped over one in the entrance to our local ASDA/Walmart the
other day. Did not see the price or size but it was quite big.
Had one of those safety nets too that are apparently quite good a
trapping kids ankles according to the TV the other day.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

http://www.supertramp.co.uk/

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:37:42 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

I nearly tripped over one in the entrance to our local ASDA/Walmart the
other day. Did not see the price or size but it was quite big.
Had one of those safety nets too that are apparently quite good a
trapping kids ankles according to the TV the other day.

I got a 15' one from B&Q a few years ago, very substantial bit of kit.
I'd recommend buying a cover for it, pigeons seem strangely driven to
crap on it and the padding around the circumference seems to degrade
over time.
Once it's set up you really won't want to dismantle it again in a
hurry.

I wouldn't bother with the net, and I'd go for the largest size you
can get. Two or three medium-sized kids just about fit on a 15' job.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

I nearly tripped over one in the entrance to our local ASDA/Walmart the
other day. Did not see the price or size but it was quite big.
Had one of those safety nets too that are apparently quite good a
trapping kids ankles according to the TV the other day.

Our kids have had an ALDI one with a cage for a couple of years (99
quid?) and it's been really good.

Anyone see the beeb article yesterday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8079827.stm

Heard the researcher interviwed on the R2 yesterday: was quite
interesting: he was pointing out that the vast majority of trampolining
injuries are caused not by kids falling off the sides, as you'd expect,
but actually *on* the trampoline when you've got multiple bouncers of
substantially mismatched weights, bouncing asynchronously. Typically
you've got 16 stone Dad bouncing with his toddler; Dad's on his way up
with the taut mat moving rapidly upwards in an inverted cone shape,
whereupon it meets the toddler falling down, with an impact like hitting
solid ground (akin to falling 3.5m, he said).

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
news
Can't imagine many 16 stone dads lasting very long - even moderate
bouncing up and down is surprisingly hard work ( and it's extremely
difficult to eat pies at the same time ).

If its taking a lot of effort you aren't doing it correctly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 18:02:35 +0100, Lobster
wrote:

Bob Minchin wrote:
Leveled wrote:
[...]

The real danger is beneath the trampoline. Young kids will nip under
in a trice if they're not suitably warned/supervised.

Can't imagine many 16 stone dads lasting very long - even moderate
bouncing up and down is surprisingly hard work ( and it's extremely
difficult to eat pies at the same time ).

Regards,

--
Stephen Howard
Woodwind repairs & period restorations
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Only if you have no trees for them to jump out of onto it or the cannot
get on the roof to jump down on it from. Don't kid yourself, when you
aren't looking - they will try!

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

http://www.supertramp.co.uk/

...as opposed to www.supertramp.com, for those of us of a certain age!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
writes
Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Leveled wrote:
Looking for a good strong 10 foot Trampoline for big kids any ideas

http://www.supertramp.co.uk/

..as opposed to www.supertramp.com, for those of us of a certain age!

Or have wives who have just discovered "hide in your shell" and curse
the "play track ad nauseum" button

of course, for those of us "of a certain age" it was a matter of moving
the arm back ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:27:29 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Stephen Howard
writes

Can't imagine many 16 stone dads lasting very long

Pah -16 stone ?

lightweights

Trampolining doesn't require that much energy if you are doing it
correctly (unless you're building up sufficient height for a complex
move), it's more or less a resonant system

If you think its hard work, you're doing it wrong, and, you need someone
to show you how to do it

I told you, it's the pies. Specifically, Pukka pies ( I'm guessing
you'll get that one ).

Regards,

--
Stephen Howard
Woodwind repairs & period restorations
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Howard wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:27:29 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Stephen
Howard writes

Can't imagine many 16 stone dads lasting very long

Pah -16 stone ?

lightweights

Trampolining doesn't require that much energy if you are doing it
correctly (unless you're building up sufficient height for a complex
move), it's more or less a resonant system

If you think its hard work, you're doing it wrong, and, you need
someone to show you how to do it

I told you, it's the pies. Specifically, Pukka pies ( I'm guessing
you'll get that one ).

Ah Pukka Pies - a culinary delight if ever there was one. Splendid with a
few chips.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:39:57 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:27:29 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Stephen
Howard writes

Can't imagine many 16 stone dads lasting very long

Pah -16 stone ?

lightweights

Trampolining doesn't require that much energy if you are doing it
correctly (unless you're building up sufficient height for a complex
move), it's more or less a resonant system

If you think its hard work, you're doing it wrong, and, you need
someone to show you how to do it

I told you, it's the pies. Specifically, Pukka pies ( I'm guessing
you'll get that one ).

Ah Pukka Pies - a culinary delight if ever there was one. Splendid with a
few chips.

Even better with lots!

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

Ah Pukka Pies - a culinary delight if ever there was one. Splendid with a
few chips.

Even better with lots!

With a fried egg on top and a sausage and a couple of rashers of bacon
on the side?

And fried bread with plenty of Heinz ketchup.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:19:12 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

Ah Pukka Pies - a culinary delight if ever there was one. Splendid with a
few chips.
Even better with lots!

With a fried egg on top and a sausage and a couple of rashers of bacon
on the side?

And fried bread with plenty of Heinz ketchup.

Heathen! Ketchup is for bubble and squeak only....HP sauce for the
rest. Don't forget the mushrooms.

Regards,

--
Stephen Howard
Woodwind repairs & period restorations
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

B&Q trampoline - any good? John Stumbles UK diy 17 July 12th 06 01:17 AM
Trampoline bed spring Mary Fisher UK diy 2 June 1st 06 06:18 PM
Trampoline bed spring Pete C UK diy 0 June 1st 06 06:16 PM
Trampoline bed spring sm_jamieson UK diy 1 June 1st 06 05:12 PM
Trampoline Winterizing Tom Accuosti Home Ownership 2 November 10th 04 03:55 AM