Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Trampoline bed spring

"Dave" wrote in message
Most beds I see these days (cheaper ones anyway) have wood slats to
support the
matress. There used to be a type which was a kind of trampoline/net thing
supported in the frame. Are these still available from somewhere?
Actually I have an oak wooden frame I'd like to fit with such base - but I
suppose (if available at all) are fixed sizes(?)

We bought a 'bed base' to put on our ancient bed frame and support our
mattress. The net thing ones were awfully saggy, we always ended up sleeping
as though in a canoe.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

canoe.

Mary

Well there is a poiint to this. I worked in NL for a time and they were
quite
common there - *but* they were supported at intervals by removable straps.
It
was really easy to setup the bed the way you wanted. ie It could be
contoured an
many differnt ways. They were great. If all the straps are removed of
course...

*That* is the point of them. Infinitely better that a row of wooden slats.
I'd
rather sleep on the floor - and in fact have done.

Please let me know where your tip is so I can come and get one.

Wooden slats are fine when used with a good mattress.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:11:00 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

So have I. Last weekend I was sleeping on solid wood (not slats) with the
benefit of sheepskins.

Please let me know where your tip is so I can come and get one.

I haven't seen one in forty years!

Mary