Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default nail varnish

I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be
OK, but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Can any one tell me what they contain and why I should feel like this
when I inhale the fumes?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave coughed up some electrons that declared:

I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be
OK, but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Can any one tell me what they contain and why I should feel like this
when I inhale the fumes?

Dave

Are you a goth? Otherwise, *why* are you wearing nail varnish?

Or are you a beautician?

Otherwise, I would recommend simply running away when SWMBO does her
nails...

The mystery deepens...

;-

But you have my sympathies on the asthma front - my son appears to have it
(too young for a +ve diagnosis) but if something sets him off, it's not fun
to deal with.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
Dave coughed up some electrons that declared:

I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be
OK, but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Can any one tell me what they contain and why I should feel like this
when I inhale the fumes?

Dave

Are you a goth? Otherwise, *why* are you wearing nail varnish?

Or are you a beautician?

No, but the wife tells me I was quite good looking a few yaers ago :-)

Otherwise, I would recommend simply running away when SWMBO does her
nails...

The mystery deepens...

Not really. We have our 7 and 10 year old g daughters staying with us
this week and they wanted to paint their fingernails with the wife's
nail varnish tonight. They had just had a bath before joining in a Scout
camp tomorrow. I am still airing the downstairs as I write this.

But you have my sympathies on the asthma front - my son appears to have it
(too young for a +ve diagnosis) but if something sets him off, it's not fun
to deal with.

I found out, as a child, that a semireclined position eased it. I had no
problem breating in, but the breathing out was the problem with my
asthma. By half sitting up, the problem was solved. May not work for
your son, but it did for me.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave wrote:
I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be
OK, but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Don't use them then. Nail varnish on blokes is soooo '70s.

--
*It is wrong to ever split an infinitive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:
I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be
OK, but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Don't use them then. Nail varnish on blokes is soooo '70s.

I managed to contain my bladder after that post, but...

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
I was born with asthma and I found the old acetone nail varnishes to be OK,
but these new ones are really crimping my lungs.

Can any one tell me what they contain and why I should feel like this when
I inhale the fumes?

Acetates are still widely used, but if it is not an acetate the chances are
it is butyl stearate. Nail varnishes are actually a complex mix of cellulose
nitrate, resins, plasticisers, pigments and solvents, but the solvent is the
bit that smells as it evaporates.

Colin Bignell

Which varnish? [email protected] UK diy 10 June 19th 07 08:24 AM
Oil AFTER varnish?! Toller Woodworking 4 April 3rd 07 11:35 AM
concrete nails/coil nail/roofing nail/umbrella nail Bruce Chow Home Repair 0 November 22nd 05 02:32 AM
Water based wood varnish and floor varnish recommendations [email protected] UK diy 3 May 12th 05 03:32 PM
Is there a difference btw a Finish nail gun and Brad nail gun? dteckie Woodworking 4 September 10th 04 12:03 PM