Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grinding wheel data required for 7" bench grinder

I recently purchased a second hand bench grinder with stand. It's obviously
an old machine but it runs sweetly with no discernible vibrations. I am
going to use the machine in my yet to be converted garage to a workshop and
is for my own personal use to sharpen lathe tools etc.
In the interests of safety I've removed one of the wheels which appears to
be in a good condition and it rings when struck so hopefully no cracks.
I need to identify the grit size, recommended speed and whether it's within
it's sell by date so to speak.
Identifying marks are as follows:

At the top--ABRAFRACT -Maker probably

LHSide-- MOS 3710

RHSide-- 111
51401095

Bottom-- A46NV
180x 20x31.75 -Size presumably, the 31.75 referring
to the hole in the middle which has a plastic insert to bring the size down
to half inch which is the shaft size.

Does anyone know what the numbers mean, and any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Don