Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default upvc door odds and sods ?

(back to the repossessed house again)

A couple of the doors need the multipoint locks engaging to stay shut,
and on looking at it a little closer, there appears to be a plate that
can be clamped onto another in the centre latch keep that will allow
the door to be closed without engaging the multipoint locks (hard to
describe unfortunately, but a very simple "device" in practice) - it
just provides a ledge for the latch to "latch" behind.

Not sure how this will come out in ascii, but to hell with it :-}

/
\
/___
\\ |
// |
\\ | - the door catch engages in a slot created by the plates
// |
\\ |
/ |
\ |
/ |
\__|

I'd like to get another one of these plates, and some machine screws
to suit (the thread diameter only looks about 3mm) but not sure what
they're called - and without wanting to go through the hassle of
replacing the entire centre latch keep if possible :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Al is offline

I'd like to get another one of these plates, and some machine screws
to suit (the thread diameter only looks about 3mm) but not sure what
they're called - and without wanting to go through the hassle of
replacing the entire centre latch keep if possible :-}

It's not clear (to me at least) exactly what the 'thing' looks like, but
try:

https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/

Al.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's not clear (to me at least) exactly what the 'thing' looks like, but
try:
https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/

Sorry about the crap description - I can't see quite what i'm after,
but the centre latch keep assemblies have a "fill in" piece, and it's
one of these i'm looking for, just can't see anything quite like
what's already installed :-}

Thanks for the link though !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:
It's not clear (to me at least) exactly what the 'thing' looks like, but
try:
https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/

Sorry about the crap description - I can't see quite what i'm after,
but the centre latch keep assemblies have a "fill in" piece, and it's
one of these i'm looking for, just can't see anything quite like
what's already installed :-}

Thanks for the link though !

http://www.wfm.co.uk/

maybe?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.wfm.co.uk/
maybe?

I'm up in the north west unfortunately, so the nearest shop would be a
few hours drive away :-}

Sticking an alarm door contact magnet to a UPVC door ARWadworth UK diy 8 May 18th 08 05:12 PM
Boiler failure - sods law petek UK diy 11 February 3rd 08 11:59 AM
How to cut through UPVC door 405 TD Estate UK diy 12 May 24th 07 11:01 AM
door chain upvc door gort UK diy 5 December 24th 06 02:01 PM
Door Handle Replacement for uPVC Door John McLean UK diy 3 July 19th 06 01:07 PM