Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to cut through UPVC door

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com, 405
TD Estate writes
I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Angle grinder

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 May 2007 17:46:30 -0700, 405 TD Estate
mused:

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Jigsaw.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Caustic soda
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 May, 02:06, raden wrote:
In message . com, 405
TD Estate writes

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Angle grinder

--
geoff

Are you joking or does that work well?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 May, 10:17, Lurch wrote:
On 18 May 2007 17:46:30 -0700, 405 TD Estate
mused:

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Jigsaw.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Tried that - the plastic vibrates too much then cracks - the thin
plastic generally detaches from the foam core.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, 405 TD
Estate writes
On 19 May, 02:06, raden wrote:
In message . com, 405
TD Estate writes

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Angle grinder

--
geoff

Are you joking or does that work well?

Try it and report back ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

405 TD Estate wrote:
I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Padsaw with a medium/fine blade - and take your time doing it.

Brian G

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 19 May, 10:39, Owain wrote:
405 TD Estate wrote:
I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Why can't the postman use the catflap?

Owain

He can't get his shoulders through.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why can't he go round the back door like the milkman?

Maybe he's not into mixed doubles

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 May 2007 05:44:48 -0700, 405 TD Estate
mused:

On 19 May, 10:17, Lurch wrote:
On 18 May 2007 17:46:30 -0700, 405 TD Estate
mused:

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Jigsaw.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Tried that - the plastic vibrates too much then cracks - the thin
plastic generally detaches from the foam core.

What blade are you using?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"raden" wrote in message
In message om, 405 TD
Estate writes
On 19 May, 02:06, raden wrote:
In message . com, 405
TD Estate writes

I had a nightmare doing the cat flap and now would like to put a
larger letterbox in - there must be an easy way - how!

Angle grinder

--
geoff

Are you joking or does that work well?

Try it and report back ...

That is *SO* UKRM lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think I tried a few blades - obviously metal would be preferable
but i think they may have been too short so maybe a fine wood one?

The cat flap is in the back door. though i'm liking the jokes.

door chain upvc door gort UK diy 5 December 24th 06 02:01 PM
upvc door seal [email protected] UK diy 4 October 31st 06 06:57 AM
Door Handle Replacement for uPVC Door John McLean UK diy 3 July 19th 06 01:07 PM
uPVC door warping [email protected] UK diy 12 May 16th 06 01:48 PM
Upvc Door Adjustment Darren UK diy 5 March 9th 06 03:38 PM