Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Playpit sand

Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London.
Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier?
And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's
available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected
to mix that in yourself.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Apr, 14:33, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London.
Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier?
And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's
available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected
to mix that in yourself.

Argos do play sand, £2.89 for 15kg...£3.00 to include aforsesaid poo,
£3.05 sees fag ends bunged in too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London.
Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier?
And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's
available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected
to mix that in yourself.

Just get half a trailer of silver sand from a sand and gravel supplier,
several times cheaper than the bags!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London.
Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier?
And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's
available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected
to mix that in yourself.

It seems to be available in lots of garden centres and DIY sheds I've been
in

John

--
John Mulrooney

A day without sunshine is like... night

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Osborne" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
Just been asked to get some playpit sand for someone in London.
Any recommendations on a suitable type and supplier?
And as I said to the person asking me, I'll find out if it's
available ready-mixed with the cat poo, or if you are expected
to mix that in yourself.

Just get half a trailer of silver sand from a sand and gravel supplier,
several times cheaper than the bags!

AOL

Whassat? I looked it up but couldn't find one that made sense...

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Mannix
writes
"Dave Osborne" wrote in message

AOL

Whassat? I looked it up but couldn't find one that made sense...

Another way of saying 'Me too'

Stems from days when AOL was more of a presence on the net.

Alledgedly, AOL members were more prone than others to pop up on forums
just to say 'me too' or the equivalent.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:20:30 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Thanks. Just found out we're only after 75kg, so at just 3 bags,
I'll probably get it from one of the sheds. Didn't know they did it,
cheers.

FWIW if one wants a lot a tonne bag of silver sand from (some) BMs is the
way to go. Shop around for best price delivered.

--
John Stumbles

I can't stand intolerance