Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for a good waterproof sealer compound

I have a timber garage built on a concrete slab and I want to seal around
the base to keep out the water.

The garage has a 4x2 (on the flat) beam all around. The concrete is in good
condition and generally a food fit to the wood. However the frame is
screwed down onto the concrete and the walls built over the top of the
fixings. So I cant raise the beam to get large amounts of sealer below the
beams. There is a sufficient gap all around the outside to get a good thick
bead of some weatherproof sealer. I may go around the edge with an angle
grinder to cut a gap between the concrete and the wood though.

Searching around, I've found Soundal Aquafix which sounds good - anybody
here used this stuff? Also somebody suggested "Sticks Like S**t" and of
course Gripfill. I don't really want to use silicon sealer as I've seen it
shrink and begin to detach. I thought something more like mastic that never
really hardens completely.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil wrote:
[...]

DG installer told me low modulus neutral cure silicone is the one to
use. Totally different to the general purpose stuff apparently, but no
more expensive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil wrote:
[...]

Acrylic outdoor frame sealer - used to seal round windows.

It lasts longer than butyl putties.

Thanks,

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [Decision made Looking for a good waterproof sealer compound

"Neil" wrote in message
[...]

In the end I went for Weather Mate (http://www.toolbank.com/p/EVBWEACL) most
of the builders around here have a good word for it so fingers crossed!

Many thanks to all who replied.
Neil