Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Armoured Cable

While digging the garden I came across a 8mm armoured cable, about 8
inches under an old lawn with yellow plastic warning buried about an
inch over the top of it. It appears to be running towards a street
lamp.

I didn't damage it or disturb it much, and it isn't in my way.

Is a 8mm dia armoured cable - diameter across the steel armour - about
right for a small street lamp? It seems to be running from the school
next door. Should the council be paying me a rent on this bit of space?

I thought that buried cable should be at least 18 inches down.

R.

armoured cable SWA Richard UK diy 28 March 12th 08 12:42 PM
Earthing of armoured cable (SWA) daveo UK diy 7 August 30th 05 07:49 AM
Armoured Cable Tricky Dicky UK diy 1 August 18th 05 10:25 AM
Armoured cable Hugh UK diy 3 August 5th 05 08:13 PM
Cable gland for armoured cable Rafal UK diy 3 July 12th 04 08:48 PM