Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Armoured Cable

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:32:47 +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:

While digging the garden I came across a 8mm armoured cable, about 8
inches under an old lawn with yellow plastic warning buried about an
inch over the top of it. It appears to be running towards a street
lamp.

I didn't damage it or disturb it much, and it isn't in my way.

Is a 8mm dia armoured cable - diameter across the steel armour - about
right for a small street lamp? It seems to be running from the school
next door. Should the council be paying me a rent on this bit of space?

I thought that buried cable should be at least 18 inches down.

R.

8" is rather shallow, it should at least be deep enough that you are
unlikely to hit it while digging the garden over!

SteveW