Barb

Default Removing tile transfers

How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've redecorated,
but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the window
(ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.

I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from Halfords,
presumably?). Can anyone help?

Thanks
Barb

comfortable

:
: I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
: very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from
Halfords,
: presumably?). Can anyone help?
:
: Thanks
: Barb
:
:

I had a similar problem when I did some decorating for someone. In the end I
used a heat gun (paint stripper).

Brad.

---

John Jardine

Barb wrote in message
How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've

redecorated,
but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the

window
(ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.

I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from

Halfords,
presumably?). Can anyone help?

Thanks
Barb

Yes, Cellulose thinners.

Considering their containing Xylene and their ability to dissolve just about
everything except coffee stains, I'm surprised they haven't been banned .
regards
john

Bren

I got rid of mine by spraying them with one of those Bathroom Mousse
aerosoles. Leave it for about 15 - 20 mins and scrub the transfers with a
non-scratch abrasive pad. They may need two applications.

HTH

Bren

"John Jardine" wrote in message

Barb wrote in message
How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've

redecorated,
but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the

window
(ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.

I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from

Halfords,
presumably?). Can anyone help?

Thanks
Barb

Yes, Cellulose thinners.

Considering their containing Xylene and their ability to dissolve just

about
everything except coffee stains, I'm surprised they haven't been banned .

regards
john

Alan

In message , Barb
wrote
How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've redecorated,
but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the window
(ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.

I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from Halfords,
presumably?). Can anyone help?

Nail Varnish remover?

--
Alan

geoff

In message , Barb
writes
How can I remove transfers from the tiles in my bathroom. I've redecorated,
but the previous owner put a small border of flowery things round the window
(ugh!), and they're very hard to shift.

I've tried white spirit, "stick stuff remover" and surgical spirit, with
very limited success. Someone suggested cellulose thinners (from Halfords,
presumably?). Can anyone help?

Stanley knife blade?

--
geoff
geoff

In message , Barb
writes
Thanks for all the suggestions. I agree, cellulose thinners is a bit
extreme, which is why I asked for an alternative.
I'll try the mousse and the nail varnish remover.
Heat is also a good idea.
I've had a go with the stanley knife and a scraper, but I will literally be
there until Xmas without something to soften them.

I'll get there in the end!

Barb

Angle grinder - you know it makes sense
--