Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

Default The name of C shaped washer please!

I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

PJ wrote:
I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal
hole.
I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Circlip, E Clip or U Clip?

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.

That takes all the fun out of it :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PJ" wrote in message
I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.

Circlip

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:22:10 +0100, PJ wrote:

I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.

Umm, are you thinking of (spring) circlips?

--
The Wanderer

I have seen the truth - it doesn't make sense

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, PJ wrote:
I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

It's a circlip.

If you're going to be doing more than one or two, a cheap pair of
circlip pliers might be a good investment.

e.g.

http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d000...set/dp/TL10179

--
Mike Barnes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:22:10 +0100, PJ wrote:

I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.

They're actually called 'C washers', thus:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?gb... ages&aq=f&oq=

http://tinyurl.com/dlchk6

They come in different thicknesses and materials. Spring type were
used in pairs to retain hydraulic brake cylinders.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, PJ wrote:
I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

It's a circlip.

If you're going to be doing more than one or two, a cheap pair of
circlip pliers might be a good investment.

e.g.

http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d000...set/dp/TL10179

Many thanks for all the replies, especially Dave for showing such restraint.
PJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:11:19 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal
hole.

It's a circlip.

Or a C washer they aren't the same thing...

A circlip can be internal or external and has a couple of holes to take
the prongs of a pair of circlip pliers.

If you're going to be doing more than one or two, a cheap pair of
circlip pliers might be a good investment.

Agreed, much much easier to take the things off or put them on with a
pair.

--
Cheers
Dave.