Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone know where Vallance (of Decorators Caulk fame) have gone?

In a recent discussion in this NG about Decorators Caulk, I - among others -
recommended the stuff made by Vallance.

I have recently been trying to contact them on the phone number shown on my
caulk cartridges (0113 201 2060 - with an address in Leeds with an LS27
postcode) and can't get any reply. The BT on-line directory denies all
knowledge of a company called Vallance in Leeds or LS27.

Anyone got a more recent cartridge than mine with a different address/phone
number?

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
In a recent discussion in this NG about Decorators Caulk, I - among others -
recommended the stuff made by Vallance.

I have recently been trying to contact them on the phone number shown on my
caulk cartridges (0113 201 2060 - with an address in Leeds with an LS27
postcode) and can't get any reply. The BT on-line directory denies all
knowledge of a company called Vallance in Leeds or LS27.

Anyone got a more recent cartridge than mine with a different address/phone
number?

TIA.

Ten minutes of Googling reveals that Vallance used to be part of Kalon
Group PLC (along with Johnstone and Leyland paints and Mangers
decorating products).

Kalon got bought out by Dutch outfit Sigma to make SigmaKalon

SigmaKalon got bought out by US outfit PPG Industries.

PPG Architectual Coatings EMEA jave retained the Johnstone and Leyland
brands, but seem to have dropped the Vallance brand. There is still a
Mangers website with SigmaKalon corporate branding.

However, if you call them, they will no doubt be able to point you in
the right direction.

PPG Architectual Coatings EMEA
Huddersfield Road, Birstall, Batley
West Yorkshire WF17 9XA
01924 354000
enquiries @ kalon . co . uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
In a recent discussion in this NG about Decorators Caulk, I - among others -
recommended the stuff made by Vallance.

I have recently been trying to contact them on the phone number shown on my
caulk cartridges (0113 201 2060 - with an address in Leeds with an LS27
postcode) and can't get any reply. The BT on-line directory denies all
knowledge of a company called Vallance in Leeds or LS27.

Anyone got a more recent cartridge than mine with a different address/phone
number?

TIA.

According to one of their data sheets on the Screwfix site, they're now:
Bostik Findley
Common Rd
Stafford
ST16 3EH