Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default news provider recommendation?

In article . com, Jules
scribeth thus

Not the best place to ask, perhaps, but I think I've seen a few nntp
access discussions here in the past...

I've been a happy NiN user for several years. I'm still a happy NiN user,
but it's renewal time, and that shower of useless *******s called
ClickAndBuy are screwing me around, to the point where I don't think
anything will get resolved before the NiN account expires (and TBH I
don't think I trust an outfit such as C&B with any of my financial
details, given how bad their website is)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one then!.. Spent around an hour and a
half with that load of wallies just to spend 8 quid and still no further
forward!..

Pity our German friends couldn't get a more together outfit to take the
money!...

So... I'm soliciting for useful alternatives to line up before my
NiN account keels over - any recommendations? I don't mind paying a small
amount per year if the service is as good as NiN's has been (it's just a
pity they use idiots for the payment side of things)

cheers

Jules

(I'll email NiN later on the offchance I can just pay them directly)

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

"tony sayer" wrote in message
news

As to click and buy .. its click and bye..

Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Tim Ward wrote:
"tony sayer" wrote in message
news
As to click and buy .. its click and bye..

Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

My first use of C&B (when NiN started charging) wasn't too awful, just
very bad. The first renewal was unbelievable and truly dire - but
eventually worked. Now it goes through automatically without any
problems - well, it said it did ...

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

In article , Tim Ward
scribeth thus
"tony sayer" wrote in message
news

As to click and buy .. its click and bye..

Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

Yes.. couldn't get my card details changed either by phone or online..

Service over the phone is useless too...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rod
scribeth thus
Tim Ward wrote:
"tony sayer" wrote in message
news
As to click and buy .. its click and bye..

Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

My first use of C&B (when NiN started charging) wasn't too awful, just
very bad. The first renewal was unbelievable and truly dire - but
eventually worked. Now it goes through automatically without any
problems - well, it said it did ...

Just try changing the payment card;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Rod
scribeth thus
Tim Ward wrote:
"tony sayer" wrote in message
news As to click and buy .. its click and bye..
Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

My first use of C&B (when NiN started charging) wasn't too awful, just
very bad. The first renewal was unbelievable and truly dire - but
eventually worked. Now it goes through automatically without any
problems - well, it said it did ...

Just try changing the payment card;(...

That was my sneaky plan - not to! :-)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 22:35:13 +0100, tony sayer wrote:
Just try changing the payment card;(...

Or phone number (hint: the website lets you add numbers, but not remove or
edit existing ones...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:22:10 +0100, Tim Ward wrote:

"tony sayer" wrote in message
news

As to click and buy .. its click and bye..

Appears to have worked fine for me as usual. Have people been having
problems?

Yup, click & buy seem to have all sorts of wierd protocols such as once
they've deactivated your account becasue the cards expired they can only
reactivate it after they've spoken to you on the phone. I nearly gave up
last time I had to use them.
Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Liquorice"
saying something like:

You can do an international bank transfer but reading the NIN information
you have to work out how much sterling to pay so that 8 euros dribbles out
the other end after exchange rates and commissions.

Yes, well. UK banks will also take the opportunity to gouge you, but if
your'e paying from within the Eurozone, it's a POP. No more hassle or
expense than buying a can of coke.

news provider recommendation? Big Les Wade UK diy 0 April 3rd 09 02:19 PM
OT internet service provider question cm Woodworking 20 July 11th 07 03:57 PM
Web Service Provider nyhl Woodworking 0 August 10th 06 01:04 PM
IT News - Tech News - Search Engine News - Updates News Page O Rama Home Repair 1 April 23rd 06 04:13 PM
Kitchen Provider/Fitter [D@n] UK diy 9 June 10th 05 06:05 PM