[D@n]

Default Kitchen Provider/Fitter

Hi,

we are looking for a provider and fitter of a new kitchen for our home. We
had an appointment for a 'designer' from Kitchens Direct to come and visit
tonight, but they called and left a voicemail cancelling an hour before they
were due. A blessing in disguise?

I've just contacted Kitchen Master online, and asked them to call me to
arrange an appointment to do what Kitchens Direct should have done.

Does anyone recommend another way to go about this?

Does anyone have any feedback regarding these two companies, good or bad?

If none of these two companies are any good, can anyone recommend a provider
and/or fitter in the Newton-Le-Willows area?

Thanks for your time

Dan

Mike

"[D@n]" wrote in message
Hi,

we are looking for a provider and fitter of a new kitchen for our home. We
had an appointment for a 'designer' from Kitchens Direct to come and visit
tonight, but they called and left a voicemail cancelling an hour before

they
were due. A blessing in disguise?

I've just contacted Kitchen Master online, and asked them to call me to
arrange an appointment to do what Kitchens Direct should have done.

Does anyone recommend another way to go about this?

Does anyone have any feedback regarding these two companies, good or bad?

If none of these two companies are any good, can anyone recommend a

provider
and/or fitter in the Newton-Le-Willows area?

Depends on the type of Kitchen you want - not sure what quality level
"Kitchen's Direct" is. I would recommend the Wickes 'to order' ones as
being very good and they do have recommended fitters.

Peter Parry

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:11:29 +0100, "[D@n]" wrote:

A blessing in disguise?

No, just a blessing. Unless you really like high pressure sales
techniques and salespersons in your house until 2AM.

Does anyone recommend another way to go about this?

Forget all the "national" companies, they are overpriced sell cheap
tat and without exception are incompetent rogues.

If none of these two companies are any good, can anyone recommend a provider
and/or fitter in the Newton-Le-Willows area?

Find a small local firm with its own staff who have been going some
time and have a reputation they value.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
phantomzone

Dan
I used www.k2go.com the units are excellent, really good quality and
big range. They also provide the units pre-assembled so all u need to
do is get someone in to screw them together and then to the wall (we
did this ourselves was really easy just make sure u have a long spirit
level!).
They provide soft closing doors, 18mm carcases matching the doors. I
have a big kitchen and they delivered on the day they said they would.
However, some small bits were missing and theyre in process of being
sent.
Overall , just watch out for each item that is ordered as theyre
internal process is a little below par but the goods were superb.
And I am sure you will find the price is better than any of the sheds
for the quality of goods you will get.
You can get them to fit for you too.
Overall, I had people like Moeben, Kitchens Direct, Alno and Magnet
quote...these guys came out best by far - if you do DIY and source all
the other bits and pieces from elsewhere.
Hope this helps
Ham

phantomzone

Oops i mean to say www.k2go.co.uk.

[-=Dan=-]

Depends on the type of Kitchen you want - not sure what quality level
"Kitchen's Direct" is. I would recommend the Wickes 'to order' ones as
being very good and they do have recommended fitters.

I want high quality kitchen, for low quality price :P

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look at Wickes.

Dan

[-=Dan=-]

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:11:29 +0100, "[D@n]" wrote:

A blessing in disguise?

No, just a blessing. Unless you really like high pressure sales
techniques and salespersons in your house until 2AM.

As I feared.

Does anyone recommend another way to go about this?

Forget all the "national" companies, they are overpriced sell cheap
tat and without exception are incompetent rogues.

Again, as I feared!

If none of these two companies are any good, can anyone recommend a
provider
and/or fitter in the Newton-Le-Willows area?

Find a small local firm with its own staff who have been going some
time and have a reputation they value.

Great stuff. There's a local internet forum that will surely recommend
someone.

Thanks for your reply

Dan

[-=Dan=-]

"phantomzone" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Cheers Ham! I'll have a look at that site and get my mate around to see if
he can help me fit it.

Thanks for your reply

Dan

Give Kitchens Direct a wide berth - I had them round for a quote and as
I'd made it clear the moment they walked through the door that no
decision would be made that day. They just want to sell a kitchen, they
glossed over details like tiling, wiring etc. Go for a local man / firm
that can provide a couple of local references.

[-=Dan=-]

wrote in message
oups.com...
Give Kitchens Direct a wide berth - I had them round for a quote and as
I'd made it clear the moment they walked through the door that no
decision would be made that day. They just want to sell a kitchen, they
glossed over details like tiling, wiring etc. Go for a local man / firm
that can provide a couple of local references.

That's all I need to hear, thanks a mill'!.

Wiring kitchen ring query when kitchen part installed Jonathan UK diy 0 April 26th 05 05:56 PM
Damp/Mould in kitchen Colin E. UK diy 1 September 20th 04 12:11 PM
Celebrity Kitchen Design? Michelle Woodworking 9 December 8th 03 05:50 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM