Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrics - is this right?

This is a slightly third hand report, but I'm a bit worried about some
electrical work which a friend of mine has had done. He's had a two
bedroom flat in London rewired and been charged £6,000 (cough, cough
cough!). That's worrying enough in itself, although it's a bit late to
do anything about that.

What is worrying me is that it seems that in the kitchen there is no
separate cooker circuit. He's having a gas hob and an electric oven. I
presume that the oven is a 13A one (I don't know), but even so I
wouldn't be comfortable running that off the same ring as the rest of
the kitchen. Is such topography within either the spirit or the letter
of the current regs?

(Incidentally, I possibly went to the other extreme and put a cooker
circuit in (mine is 16A) and then two separate rings for everything
else (and there's no washing machine there).)

Cheers!

Martin

How to get Part P for electrics Invisible Man[_2_] UK diy 19 December 28th 08 12:24 PM
Electrics CJC UK diy 72 December 14th 06 10:33 PM
Need to remove some electrics Paul_UK UK diy 24 August 21st 06 08:07 PM
Outside Electrics Charles Middleton UK diy 8 September 13th 05 01:05 PM
When to do 2nd fix electrics? Dave Sharp UK diy 12 August 4th 05 09:26 PM