Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker Hood Ducting

I am going to fit a ducted cooker hood in our kitchen. Something like this
seems ideal:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ELKEY90SS.html

However, all the cooker hood websites just seem to supply ducting that is
made of plastic or some kind of flexible aluminum hose. Rather than boxing
in or hiding it I'd rather have some stainless steel (or alternative)
ducting that remains on show. Does anyone know of a supplier? It needs to be
150mm.

Hopefully they would also sell matching accessories such as this wall plate:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FD51145.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

"elziko" wrote in message
I am going to fit a ducted cooker hood in our kitchen. Something like this
seems ideal:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ELKEY90SS.html

However, all the cooker hood websites just seem to supply ducting that is
made of plastic or some kind of flexible aluminum hose. Rather than boxing
in or hiding it I'd rather have some stainless steel (or alternative)
ducting that remains on show. Does anyone know of a supplier? It needs to
be 150mm.

Hopefully they would also sell matching accessories such as this wall
plate:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FD51145.html

I had this issue in my kitchen five years ago. Surprisingly difficult to
find. Eventually I got some flexible ducting from Starkey Systems in
Worcester (www.centralvacuums.co.uk, curiously enough). Better than cheap
aluminium but still only 125mm not 150mm. And still concertina-style.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"rrh" wrote in message
I had this issue in my kitchen five years ago. Surprisingly difficult to
find. Eventually I got some flexible ducting from Starkey Systems in
Worcester (www.centralvacuums.co.uk, curiously enough). Better than cheap
aluminium but still only 125mm not 150mm. And still concertina-style.

I have found more success by searching for ducting directed towards boiler
flues:

http://www.hotline-chimneys.co.uk/pr...category=150mm -06mm-
Stainless Steel Flue Pipes

I can't see why this stuff wouldn't work OK!