Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

I have been looking for a cheap printer to replace the gummed up inkjet
my wife used to use before we bought her a laptop. I now get irregular
e-mails requesting that such and such letter/recipe/birth/marriage/death
etc. attachment should be printed on the office m/c.

I don't leave my PC switched on so networking won't work and she works
at the other end of the house so picking up copy is inconvenient.

I confidently expected dot matrix printers to be dirt cheap by now and
half promised one as a birthday pressie. 150ukp they must be joking!

For 70ukp I can get an entry level laser inc. usb cable. Is there
something I should know?

regards
--
Tim Lamb