Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Epson DFX-8500 Dot matrix Printer Powers up and goes out in a few seconds.

There is this Epson dot matrix DFX-8500 printer which powers up for
just about 40 seconds and goes off . When I remove the magnetic (reed
switch) sensor cable the power light stays on but the Head does not
move and the pause light also stays on and does not respond to any
command from the pannel. May I know what might be the problem?