Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default dot matrix printer

Tim Lamb wrote:
I have been looking for a cheap printer to replace the gummed up inkjet
my wife used to use before we bought her a laptop. I now get irregular
e-mails requesting that such and such letter/recipe/birth/marriage/death
etc. attachment should be printed on the office m/c.

I don't leave my PC switched on so networking won't work and she works
at the other end of the house so picking up copy is inconvenient.

I confidently expected dot matrix printers to be dirt cheap by now and
half promised one as a birthday pressie. 150ukp they must be joking!

For 70ukp I can get an entry level laser inc. usb cable. Is there
something I should know?

regards

Wouldn't dream of using anything but a cheap laser - so long as B&W is
all you need.

Used to use one at work (an earlier version of the current cheapest one
at Dabs, the Samsung ML-2240 Mono Laser Printer) - did thousands of
pages without any significant problems.

--
Rod

onset.