Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you identify these blocks, please? Radfords?

Hi all,

I am going to be building a new extension soon, and want to get hold
of the same type of blocks that my house is made from. I've put a
couple of photos up he

http://picasaweb.google.com/dwtowner...y=ebcZYnF_fwE#

Does anyone know what they are called, and where I might get hold of
them? I particularly want to get hold of the specially shaped blocks
making up the window surrounds.They are basically normal concrete
blocks with a fake stone facing. My local builder's merchant has
similar blocks but the stone facing has a smooth, polished finish,
whereas my blocks have a rougher, combed finish.. A neighbour thought
that the blocks were either called Radfords, or were made by a company
called Radfords, but I haven't been able to find out any more than
that. The house is on the outskirts of Bath and was built in the late
50's, if that helps.

thanks,

dan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://picasaweb.google.com/dwtowner...n?authkey=ebcZ....

Does anyone know what they are called, and where I might get hold of
them? *I particularly want to get hold of the specially shaped blocks
making up the window surrounds.They are basically normal concrete
blocks with a fake stone facing. My local builder's merchant has
similar blocks but the stone facing has a smooth, polished finish,
whereas my blocks have a rougher, combed finish.. A neighbour thought
that the blocks were either called Radfords, or were made by a company
called Radfords, but I haven't been able to find out any more than
that. The house is on the outskirts of Bath and was built in the late
50's, if that helps.

thanks,

dan.

Hi

Years ago I built an extension on a house on the outskirts of Bath. I
spoke to the local planning officer who advised me on the type of
block and colour I should use.

Blocks of many different styles and colour are used in Bath and you
need to get them made to suit your house.

You could try http://www.wheelerandcoltd.co.uk/ who seem to make many
different types.

Clamping V blocks onto 2-3-4 blocks Louis Ohland Metalworking 16 February 13th 08 08:22 PM
Pulley blocks Andy Dingley UK diy 2 October 25th 06 08:34 AM
BLOCKS J T Woodworking 0 December 24th 05 07:56 PM
Question about 1-2-3 blocks Tony Metalworking 33 July 10th 05 01:29 AM
can I put my table saw on blocks? russ Woodworking 4 May 8th 04 01:02 PM