Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dwtowner@googlemail.com is offline

Default Can you identify these blocks, please? Radfords?

Hi all,

I am going to be building a new extension soon, and want to get hold
of the same type of blocks that my house is made from. I've put a
couple of photos up he

http://picasaweb.google.com/dwtowner...y=ebcZYnF_fwE#

Does anyone know what they are called, and where I might get hold of
them? I particularly want to get hold of the specially shaped blocks
making up the window surrounds.They are basically normal concrete
blocks with a fake stone facing. My local builder's merchant has
similar blocks but the stone facing has a smooth, polished finish,
whereas my blocks have a rougher, combed finish.. A neighbour thought
that the blocks were either called Radfords, or were made by a company
called Radfords, but I haven't been able to find out any more than
that. The house is on the outskirts of Bath and was built in the late
50's, if that helps.

thanks,

dan.