Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pulley blocks

Chris Hogg wrote:

The problem is that I have a pottery kiln that weighs 110kg (the 250kg
figure

Assuming you don't have a gantry above it, then I'd go for jacking from
beneath. That weight is more than most roof timbers would appreciate.

I'd probably use a load of small jackings and repeated stacking with
wooden packer blocks. OTOH I have plenty of timber to hand (there are
always pallets though). How many trolley jacks can you borrow ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

Assuming you don't have a gantry above it, then I'd go for jacking from
beneath. That weight is more than most roof timbers would appreciate.

It weighs less than I do, and I was up in my loft at the weekend ...

That's a loft in a house, I'm assuming this is a shed. I wouldn't walk
on my shed roof...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-10-24, Andy Dingley
wrote:

Huge wrote:

Assuming you don't have a gantry above it, then I'd go for jacking from
beneath. That weight is more than most roof timbers would appreciate.

It weighs less than I do, and I was up in my loft at the weekend ...

That's a loft in a house, I'm assuming this is a shed. I wouldn't walk
on my shed roof...

Good point. Although I'd walk on my shed roof, but then my shed isn't
a GBP29.95 B&Q special.

Ah... but were you jacking from beneath?

Pulley blocks somebody UK diy 0 October 24th 06 12:50 AM
Pulley blocks The Natural Philosopher UK diy 0 October 24th 06 12:19 AM
Pulley blocks Andy Dingley UK diy 0 October 23rd 06 12:12 PM
Pulley blocks [email protected] UK diy 0 October 23rd 06 11:19 AM
Pulley blocks Brian Sharrock UK diy 0 October 23rd 06 09:21 AM