Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pulley blocks

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
I'm looking for a small sheaved pulley system with maybe two or three
pulleys per sheave (if those are the right terms), capable of lifting
a max of say 250 kg. I guess the sort of thing used for lifting engine
blocks out of cars would be OK. Anyone point me to a supplier?

--
Chris

You haven't stipulated where you're posting from; -
But, any yachting chandlers will be able to supply you, different blocks,
different sheaves, selection of cordages, etc. etc. How much 'pull' do you
want to exert? How much length of cordage are you prepared to
handle/purchase?
_If_ you're posting from Unst, there's a chandler in BaltaSound.
_If_ You're posting from Devon, there's plenty in Plymouth .... (You get the
idea )
_If _ you're posting from somewhere in between these places, try your
'Yellow Pages'
for chandlers.

--

Brian

Pulley blocks Dave Fawthrop UK diy 0 October 23rd 06 09:20 AM
zanussi pulley and clutch removal - how to? AlistairC UK diy 4 October 1st 06 10:31 AM
Jointer update: Which pulley combination is best? stryped Woodworking 13 September 25th 06 10:26 PM
Removing the drive pulley from my MTD Yardbug tbyers31 Home Repair 10 October 14th 05 07:01 PM
pulley ratio / replacement motor question Roy Smith Woodworking 6 December 14th 04 04:31 PM