Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default House Tech wireless TRV system ?

Hi,

I'm starting to see a system advertised called House tech, which
consists of motorized TRV's and a room thermostat. Both the TRV
'head' and the stat are battery powered and communicate wirelessly, so
the stat part does not have to be physically close to the radiator. I
wonder if anyone has any experience of these ? I think the system
comes from Germany.

I ask because generally I find that TRV's don't work especially well.
I have two teenagers who spend a lot of time using PC & games consoles
in their rooms which get very warm, while the rest of the house maybe
on the cool side. A smarter TRV system i.e one that works , would seem
a good move.
They claim that the units connect to a wide range of TRV fittings -
you remove the top pice. Not sure if my Drayton 'Lifestyle' is the
same as the Danfoss fitting they support.

I have no connection with HouseHeat - it just seemed like it might be
a good idea , assuming it works and you don't have to spend your life
replacing batteries