Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-Celling batteries - who's good?

My Bosch batteries (14.4V 2.6Ah NiMh's, supplied with Bosch blue pro
tools) are getting to the point where I'm swapping them onto the
charger all the time - not much capacity, and even if unused self
discharge all too quickly. They're probably around 4 years old and on
busy days, even when new, would be cycled several times a day - so I
think they've done their time and until very recently delivered
excellent results.

So I can either buy new ones from an official supplier (around £75
each), get them from a reputable ebay trader (around £45 for someone
I can be confident is selling genuine kit), find a deal on a new tool
with higher capacity cells in the bundle (probably a bit less than 2
new cells from an official supplier - though there's no particular
tool I need right now) - or I can have a look at getting them re-
celled.

Anyone done this and can make a recommendation?

I'm looking for a re-celling service that will produce results as good
as new genuine cells from bosch, rather cheapest.