Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 channel wireless CH thermostat/programmer

I am looking for a wireless CH room-stat/programmer that will control
my DHW as well.
The only unit I can find so far is the Vaillant VRT360F but as
this uses the proprietary eBUS interface it is useless to me.

I simply need a receiver with two N/O relay contacts to control
the two motorised valves in my conventional S-Plan system.

Any recommendations?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
I am looking for a wireless CH room-stat/programmer that will control
my DHW as well.
The only unit I can find so far is the Vaillant VRT360F but as
this uses the proprietary eBUS interface it is useless to me.

I simply need a receiver with two N/O relay contacts to control
the two motorised valves in my conventional S-Plan system.

Any recommendations?

Add a relay to a standard one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message
I am looking for a wireless CH room-stat/programmer that will control
my DHW as well.
The only unit I can find so far is the Vaillant VRT360F but as
this uses the proprietary eBUS interface it is useless to me.

I simply need a receiver with two N/O relay contacts to control
the two motorised valves in my conventional S-Plan system.

Any recommendations?

--
Graham.

Do you need the HW timer to be RF? The stat on the tank has to be fixed, so
you already have some fixed wiring, so adding a fixed timer should be
possible.

I'm currently using this timer from Rapid to control my hot water, which
works well - has battery backup, and a sensible off function. It's current
switching capability is way over that needed for a motorised valve, and it
has a changeover output should you need it.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrica...g/Timers-Detec
tors/7-day-Electronic-immersion-heater-timeswitch/74462/kw/immersion%20heate
r%20timer (watch the wrap)

And you can then choose an RF thermostat to suit your preferences to control
the space heating ( mines a Honeywell CM927, which a lot of people seem to
like too)

Charles F

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline