Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless CH/HW Programmer

Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration!

I currently have a Danfoss FP715 Programmer (which is working
perfectly well!)

I need to re-locate this as it will not be accessible - wife wants to
put a book case in front of it!

There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the
wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless
product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do
serious re-wiring.

I have space on the back of a false wall to position and wire in the
wireless sender - but this is not suitable for the programmer.

Does anyone have any suggestions ( I've tried to talk her out of
moving the book case ... but).

Thanks in advance,

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration!

I currently have a Danfoss FP715 Programmer (which is working
perfectly well!)

I need to re-locate this as it will not be accessible - wife wants to
put a book case in front of it!

There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the
wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless
product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do
serious re-wiring.

I have space on the back of a false wall to position and wire in the
wireless sender - but this is not suitable for the programmer.

The sender doesn't need wires.
The receiver is usually located near the boiler to allow easier wiring to
the boiler.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Aug, 12:50, "dennis@home" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration!

I currently have a Danfoss FP715 Programmer (which is working
perfectly well!)

I need to re-locate this as it will not be accessible - wife wants to
put a book case in front of it!

There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the
wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless
product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do
serious re-wiring.

I have space on the back of a false wall to position and wire in the
wireless sender - but this is not suitable for the programmer.

The sender doesn't need wires.
The receiver is usually located near the boiler to allow easier wiring to
the boiler.- Hide quoted text -

Aplogies - I meant receiver

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Aug, 12:25, wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for inspiration!

I currently have a Danfoss FP715 Programmer (which is working
perfectly well!)

I need to re-locate this as it will not be accessible - wife wants to
put a book case in front of it!

There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the
wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless
product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do
serious re-wiring.

I have space on the back of a false wall to position and wire in the
wireless sender - but this is not suitable for the programmer.

Does anyone have any suggestions ( I've tried to talk her out of
moving the book case ... but).

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Not quite sure what you're asking. Do you mean you want a wireless
thermostat and no separate programmer? I've got a Honeywell CMT927
which is great and acts as a programmer and thermostat. You leave the
boiler on 24/7 and the tell the thermostat what temperatures you like
at what time of day, and it takes care of it.

Cheers!

Martin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Aug, 13:23, Martin Pentreath
wrote:
On 13 Aug, 12:25, wrote:

[...]

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Martin,

What I would like to do in the ideal world is take my FP715 programmer
and move it to a different location.

This is not practical as routing the wiring is not easy.

So, If I can get a wireless replacement for the FP715 I can position
this in the new location.

This would have to "talk" to the boiler in the same way as the FP715
does except wirelessly.

So I would need a receiver that can be wired to the boiler (and can be
sited behind the false wall I mentioned)

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Aug, 14:20, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:25:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
There are no suitable adjacent places where it will fit and moving the
wiring will be a pain in the A*se - so I am looking for a wireless
product that I can fit in a convenient place without having toi do
serious re-wiring.

So you need to move the programming side from where it is to some where
accessable without re-wiring.

I assume the current room stat will remain accessable and is in a sensible
place. Replace that with a wired programmable thermostat, wiring out the
switches that were in the programmer. This gives both temperature and time
control for the heating.

Time and temperature control of the hot water has me stummped at the
moment you can find wireless cylinder stats but I've not found one that
does both temperature and time control.

I've not thought this fully through but you might be able to move the
exsiting controller nearer and accessable to the cylinder stat and use the
orginal cylinder stat and programmer wiring for connections back to the
boiler. This will require 3 core and earth between the existing
programmers location and cylinder stat (Live feed, switched live back,
neutral and earth).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Thanks,

I guess this is really answering my question - there does not exist a
wireless 2 channel (CH/HW) programmer

Unless someone knows different.

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Aug, 23:46, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:43:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I guess this is really answering my question - there does not exist a
wireless 2 channel (CH/HW) programmer

Wireless 2 channel programmers exist, Danfoss go up to three channels
IIRC. The sticking point is the temperature control of the HW. I don't
know of a system with wireless tank stat and wireless programmer.

TBH if your tank stat wiring is three core and earth then I don't think
you need to go wireless at all. Wires work, wireless is not 100% reliable
and you have batteries to worry about.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Hi Dave,

It's not "that bit of the ship" that is the issue Dave

All the wiring before the programmer can remain unchanged - the issue
I have is the position of the programmer - to which I think there are
only 4 (maybe 5) wires.

This has to be moved to a place where wiring is difficult.

In my tiny mind this should not be rocket science - am I missing
something?

Kev