Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default W-B boiler control query

Last year I had my heating overhauled and the boiler replaced with a
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior using a remote radio thermostat in
the hall. This is working well.

In my last house the programmer, a Randall 103E, had a very handy
"Boost" button which turned the boiler on for an hour, or if already on,
added an hour to the on-time.

Is it possible to add such a feature to my W-B system? It would be very
useful. At the moment I'm turning the boiler on using the control panel
behind the flap and forgetting to switch it back to timed operation.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Last year I had my heating overhauled and the boiler replaced with a
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior using a remote radio thermostat in
the hall. This is working well.

In my last house the programmer, a Randall 103E, had a very handy
"Boost" button which turned the boiler on for an hour, or if already on,
added an hour to the on-time.

Is it possible to add such a feature to my W-B system? It would be very
useful. At the moment I'm turning the boiler on using the control panel
behind the flap and forgetting to switch it back to timed operation.

Horstmann E15 Boost Timeswitch or

Horstmann C17 single channel Timeswitch
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27967/...17-Timeswitch#

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Doctor Drivel
writes

Horstmann E15 Boost Timeswitch or

Horstmann C17 single channel Timeswitch
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27967/...ols/Horstmann-
C17-Timeswitch#

Thanks. The E15 looks like what I want. Presumably it's wired across
the 'call for heat' contacts in the boiler, and the existing wireless
thermostat stays in place?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.
(")_(") http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/windows_7.png

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Drivel
writes

Horstmann E15 Boost Timeswitch or

Horstmann C17 single channel Timeswitch
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27967/...ols/Horstmann-
C17-Timeswitch#

Thanks. The E15 looks like what I want. Presumably it's wired across
the 'call for heat' contacts in the boiler, and the existing wireless
thermostat stays in place?

The C17 can do, but only a hours boost. It has volt free contacts, so the
stat wiring can run through it. Then keep the boiler clock on 24 hrs. The
programmer can be located anywhere and also each day can be programmed
separately.

Both have volt free contacts.

IR remote control coding query N_Cook Electronics Repair 1 April 11th 08 07:18 PM
gas boiler control wiring query--2 port valve [email protected] UK diy 4 February 14th 08 06:11 PM
Central Heating Timer .Control Query . Stuart B UK diy 10 February 7th 07 06:42 PM
Another boiler query JupiterJon UK diy 5 August 18th 06 09:51 PM
Bolier Control Wiring Query Matthew Humphreys UK diy 19 April 24th 04 09:24 PM