Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has anyone successfully used EMS to send stuff to Far East?

I've been trying, and obviously failing, to find out how to use EMS to
send a packet to South Korea.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp should provide the clues for
this task, but I'm damned if I can make head or tail out of how
parcels are picked up, let alone how to calculate the shipping price
to various countries for the services offered.

Can anyone provide operating instructions?

In fact, has anyone used it and can comment?

andy evans
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Eusebius wrote:
I've been trying, and obviously failing, to find out how to use EMS to
send a packet to South Korea.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp should provide the clues for
this task, but I'm damned if I can make head or tail out of how
parcels are picked up, let alone how to calculate the shipping price
to various countries for the services offered.

Can anyone provide operating instructions?

In fact, has anyone used it and can comment?

Surely EMS is a service of China Post used to send things *from* China?

From the UK, surely you would just take a package to a Post Office and
send it by air mail? Or pay a lot more for a courier service?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Eusebius wrote:
I've been trying, and obviously failing, to find out how to use EMS to
send a packet to South Korea.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp should provide the clues for
this task,

Nope, that's all for pickup in the far east.

http://www.ems.coop/site/Main.php?Oid=206&Lid=1

In the UK, the EMS Cooperative member is ParcelForce.

--
Adrian C