Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default B&Q Kitchens

Have noticed B&Q flogging what they call "Cooke & Lewis Kitchens". In
the depths of my ignorance, that name means nothing to me. Is it an
invented name? Is it another company?

They look to me like the kitchens B&Q were selling last year without, so
far as I remember, that additional branding.

(I only really care as far as I have used bits and pieces of
broken/damaged B&Q kitchen units for all sorts of purposes - so long as
I could get a low enough price!)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 1, 7:52*pm, Rod wrote:
Have noticed B&Q flogging what they call "Cooke & Lewis Kitchens". In
the depths of my ignorance, that name means nothing to me. Is it an
invented name? Is it another company?

From the Cooke & Lewis website:-

Our details

B&Q plc
Portswood House
1 Hampshire Corporate Park
Chandlers Ford
Eastleigh
Hants
SO53 3YX
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
Rod wrote:
Have noticed B&Q flogging what they call "Cooke & Lewis Kitchens". In the
depths of my ignorance, that name means nothing to me. Is it an invented
name? Is it another company?

It looks like an invented name. There's no other mention of the brand on
google and at http://www.cookeandlewis.co.uk/terms

Our details

B&Q plc
Portswood House
1 Hampshire Corporate Park
Chandlers Ford
Eastleigh
Hants
SO53 3YX

See also
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1290601

Owain
+

All a bit like sticking a rustic farmer's face on a pack of eggs or cheese
at the supermarket then.

Seriously - if well fitted, does the carcass have much influence on the
overall finished job? Surely it is just something to hang the doors on and
support the worktop whilst creating storage space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Have noticed B&Q flogging what they call "Cooke & Lewis Kitchens". In
the depths of my ignorance, that name means nothing to me. Is it an
invented name? Is it another company?

They look to me like the kitchens B&Q were selling last year without,
so far as I remember, that additional branding.

(I only really care as far as I have used bits and pieces of
broken/damaged B&Q kitchen units for all sorts of purposes - so long
as I could get a low enough price!)

I reckon its like the MacAllister power tools. Same old sh1t, different
brand name.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

John wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
et...
Rod wrote:
[...]

I think it probably does have quite an effect. For example, the
difference between Wickes cheapest (made from 15mm chip) and even B&Q
Gloss White (made from 18mm MDF, I think) just on the material front is
substantial. Add to that the quality of things like hinges, legs,
accuracy of cut, abundance/paucity of dowels/screws/other things to hold
it together, and so on.

What clearly doesn't make any difference is the brand name... :-)

--
Rod

onset.

Kitchens .. once more Swingman Woodworking 4 August 28th 06 07:38 PM
BBK kitchens Jonathan Schneider UK diy 3 July 14th 06 02:57 PM
Re MFI Kitchens . UK diy 0 March 1st 06 07:27 PM
Where do the old Kitchens Go? TheScullster UK diy 11 July 29th 05 07:23 PM
B&Q Kitchens jaime UK diy 43 April 21st 04 03:15 PM