Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Appols from Spamlet: virginmedia not posting very well...

Appols to those I began corresponding with in threads; 'OT Polarised light';
'advice on odd tap problem'; 'Silicon bead tools'. Virgin posted my first
few comments and then failed on the follow up replies...

It appears from checking virgin media's virginmedia.support.usenet, that
there may be a problem with their farmed-out 'Highwinds' server, which is
not reliably posting messages to uk.d-i-y.

I've changed to their Liverpool based text.news... server, which I am told
is more reliable, and hope that will cure the problem for future threads,
but that leaves me with a backlog of sent messages that didn't get through,
which I now don't know how to resend so that they end up in the right places
in the various threads.

Have others here been having problems like this?

(Assuming I can now engage in a proper too and fro... fingers crossed!)

Cheers,

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Spamlet wrote:
[...]

Is that text.news.virgin.com - or another one?

(Partner sometimes has problems with virgin news - I use Berlin/NIN.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rod wrote:
Spamlet wrote:
[...]

Sorry - text.news.virginmedia.com !!

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spamlet wrote:
[...]

I too have been having the same problem with VigrnMedia and have moved on to
the text server route since when I don't think I've had a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clot wrote:
Spamlet wrote:
[...]

Bad form, I know. Still, it seems to have taken close to two hours for the
last post to get through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clot" wrote in message
Clot wrote:
Spamlet wrote:
[...]

Cheers to you both: I'm back at last!

Yes I did change to the text.news.virginmedia.com server, but I made a few
mistakes:
Firstly, I just changed the server address in the existing subscription - in
order to minimise the redoing of all my groups.
This was a mistake because it duplicated all the messages as the two servers
use different numbering (of course dumbo...).
Even then, I found that my messages did not seem to be appearing, and then I
got error messages saying headers downloaded were no longer on the server.
Only just sussed that I needed to change my 'email address' as well before I
was recognised as different account. Things are a lot more fiddly than they
appear!

Hopefully things will now settle for a while before the next upheaval!

Regards,

posting mike hide Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 July 4th 07 03:34 AM
Posting Ichabod Home Repair 13 April 21st 06 12:20 AM
Posting Top Caesar Romano Home Repair 93 July 25th 05 02:52 AM
Top posting is best Bob Woodworking 58 March 11th 05 07:57 AM