Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Disassembling and re-assembling flat-pack wardrobes - does it damagethe structural integrity?

I've bought a couple of wardrobes 2nd hand on Ebay, they were
originally from Argos and are still their assembled state.
I'm trying to decide whether to disassemble them and deliver them (3
miles) in the back of my estate car for free or leave them assembled
and pay a man and a van 50 quid.

The only tricky part about disassembling them is the back panel which
is 2 strips of hardboard hardboard with a plastic joiner down the
middle.
This is attached to the main body using lots of pins(like very fine
nails with a small head) which have been fully nailed. I was thinking
of putting a piece of 2" by1" inside it and tap it with a hammer.I
suspect the pins will stay in place as the hardboard detaches and I
can then remove the pins.

The rest of it is just undoing screws.However I'm just worried when I
reassemble it , it won't be as solid as before?
Has anybody done this?