Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flat conversion - water supply pipes

Hi, i'm converting a house into 2 X 2 bed flats and am trying to make
my mind up if to add another water supply pipe
for the second flat or use the exisitng supply pipe and split it
internally. The current property is not metered and if I split it
internally it would save over £2600 as I wouldn't have to pay three
valleys water to lay a new supply pipe.
Are there any drawbacks from not laying a new supply pipe? If I were
to split the existing supply pipe internally could I lay a new pipe at
a later date without major upheaval of the properties internal
plumbing? thanks for any feedback