Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Flat conversion - water supply pipes

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 17:54:08 +0000, Phil L wrote:

wrote:
Hi, i'm converting a house into 2 X 2 bed flats and am trying to make
my mind up if to add another water supply pipe for the second flat or
use the exisitng supply pipe and split it internally. The current
property is not metered and if I split it internally it would save over
£2600 as I wouldn't have to pay three valleys water to lay a new supply
pipe.

There's a lead replacement scheme in operation, have a look into this as
it's normally free.

One of the contraints is that ALL existing lead pipe is removed from
service in the house/flats/garden. Another is that all the plumbing
complies with the water regs.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk