Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sds chiselling out sockets

Hello,

I used to use angle grinders and wall chasers to make holes for
electrical sockets but read here about using an sds drill as a chisel.
I have found that as far as production of dust is concerned, chiseling
is the way to go. However, how do you limit the depth? I found the
drill got carried away with itself and would have quite happily
punched through the wall rather than stop after 35mm! Is there a trick
to this?

Thanks,
Stephen.

PS I can't really justify buying the special £50 attachment for
once-in-a-blue-moon socket fixing.

chiselling mdf compared to wood Steve UK diy 2 May 9th 07 12:26 AM
Switched sockets? terry UK diy 18 May 4th 07 09:27 AM
One above the other 13A sockets? Dave Fawthrop UK diy 20 January 11th 07 09:53 AM
ic sockets BigTom Electronics Repair 1 November 18th 04 07:36 AM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM