Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix timer bargain

Just picked up a few of these plug in timeswitches at £2.43 each!
Screwfix item 50180. Only rated at 2000w not a full 13amp but quite a
lot of features including a random one for security lighting. They have
battery backup whilst unplugged or during power cuts too

Just thought someone might be interested. At this price, I doubt they
will be in stock long.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:23:30 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Just picked up a few of these plug in timeswitches at £2.43 each!
Screwfix item 50180. Only rated at 2000w not a full 13amp but quite a
lot of features including a random one for security lighting. They have
battery backup whilst unplugged or during power cuts too

Just thought someone might be interested. At this price, I doubt they
will be in stock long.

Yeah, that's cheaper than the segment ones at Wilkinson.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just picked up a few of these plug in timeswitches at £2.43 each!
Screwfix item 50180. Only rated at 2000w not a full 13amp but quite a
lot of features including a random one for security lighting. They have
battery backup whilst unplugged or during power cuts too

Just thought someone might be interested. At this price, I doubt they
will be in stock long.

Yeah, that's cheaper than the segment ones at Wilkinson.

MM

I have had one for about a year. It's ok, does not keep time though. Just
had to reset the clock, it was an hour in front. Had to reset it a few
months ago as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:55:25 -0000, "Slider" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Just picked up a few of these plug in timeswitches at £2.43 each!
Screwfix item 50180. Only rated at 2000w not a full 13amp but quite a
lot of features including a random one for security lighting. They have
battery backup whilst unplugged or during power cuts too

Just thought someone might be interested. At this price, I doubt they
will be in stock long.

Yeah, that's cheaper than the segment ones at Wilkinson.

MM

I have had one for about a year. It's ok, does not keep time though. Just
had to reset the clock, it was an hour in front. Had to reset it a few
months ago as well.

I sent one back to Wilkinson's after Christmas. Just received a £10
voucher! The bloody things are crap.

MM