Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default HepV0 - how to attach to basin waste??

Got a HepV0 waste thing to plumb a cloakroom basin into WC soil pipe
via a strap boss and associated 32mm pipe run etc.

Been looking today at the basin (small corner one & space tight) ansd
looking at the HepV0 installation instructions on their www site -
they show one installation scenario that looks promising where the
HepV0 thing is mounted further down the 32mm pipe run so freeing up
the undersink area quite a lot -

thing is - how do you start the 32mm run from the basin waste without
using a trap?? - my waste is 38mm - is there a connector to just
attach vanilla 32mm pipe to that? if not what else can I use to start
it off??

thanks in advance

Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

jim wrote:
Got a HepV0 waste thing to plumb a cloakroom basin into WC soil pipe
via a strap boss and associated 32mm pipe run etc.

Been looking today at the basin (small corner one & space tight) ansd
looking at the HepV0 installation instructions on their www site -
they show one installation scenario that looks promising where the
HepV0 thing is mounted further down the 32mm pipe run so freeing up
the undersink area quite a lot -

thing is - how do you start the 32mm run from the basin waste without
using a trap?? - my waste is 38mm - is there a connector to just
attach vanilla 32mm pipe to that? if not what else can I use to start
it off??

thanks in advance

Jim

The ones I have used are all directly attached to the basin/bath plug
hole - but have a look here (scroll down):

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/125.asp

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:00:29 -0800 (PST), jim wrote:

Got a HepV0 waste thing to plumb a cloakroom basin into WC soil pipe
via a strap boss and associated 32mm pipe run etc.

Been looking today at the basin (small corner one & space tight) ansd
looking at the HepV0 installation instructions on their www site -
they show one installation scenario that looks promising where the
HepV0 thing is mounted further down the 32mm pipe run so freeing up
the undersink area quite a lot -

thing is - how do you start the 32mm run from the basin waste without
using a trap?? - my waste is 38mm - is there a connector to just
attach vanilla 32mm pipe to that? if not what else can I use to start
it off??

thanks in advance

Jim

If you just want to save space, how about a pedestal trap?

http://tinyurl.com/7k3mqz

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 27 Dec, 23:11, Rod wrote:
jim wrote:
[...]

presume you mean the HepV0 knuckle adaptor and in line adaptors?
mmmm they appear to connect directly between the HepV0 and the basin
waste - what would suit me best is the remote mounting of the HepV0
(in the straight run around the corner from the basin) so the adaptors
would seem to leave me still with the prob of connecting to the 38mm
basin waste initially (into 32mm pipe)...

Unless the HepV0 knuckle adaptor can be "made" to connect to 32mm pipe
instead of the HepV0?? anyone??

thanks
jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 28 Dec, 00:04, Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

hi - bit more than space sadly! - need the self sealing properties of
the HepV0 thing to enable me to connect straight into 110mm waste
straight after a WC and still avoid any siphonage and resulting
appalling smells etcetc

thanks
jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 28, 9:32*am, jim wrote:
On 27 Dec, 23:11, Rod wrote:

jim wrote:
[...]

You need a HepVo with the running adaptor, and a 32mm waste to pipe
connector. They do exist (I have some) but I can't find them online. I
get them from the local plumbers' merchant. It's a female screw thread
one end to go onto the basin, and a solvent or push fit socket the
other.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 28 Dec, 14:12, "
wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:32 am, jim wrote:

On 27 Dec, 23:11, Rod wrote:

jim wrote:
[...]

are these the flexi type things like:-

http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/inde...pid=5294&sid=1

any make details on yours ?
cheers
jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 28, 10:39*pm, jim wrote:
On 28 Dec, 14:12, "

wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:32 am, jim wrote:

On 27 Dec, 23:11, Rod wrote:

jim wrote:
[...]

No - it's this kind of thing -
http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/con...categoryID=264
(or the equivalent in pushfit). I think it's the same as BES item
11867 (http://www.bes.co.uk/products/128.asp), but it's a bit
difficult to tell from their pictures.

The socket on the bottom takes 32mm pipe, so you can plumb it however
you need to to get to the hepVo. The most compact way is probably to
use a swivel bend (http://www.bes.co.uk/products/128.asp) The running
adaptor for the hepVo also connects to 32mm pipe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 29 Dec, 18:55, "
wrote:
On Dec 28, 10:39 pm, jim wrote:

On 28 Dec, 14:12, "

wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:32 am, jim wrote:

No - it's this kind of thing -http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/controller?action=BP-ProductDetails&...
(or the equivalent in pushfit). I think it's the same as BES item
11867 (http://www.bes.co.uk/products/128.asp), but it's a bit
difficult to tell from their pictures.

The socket on the bottom takes 32mm pipe, so you can plumb it however
you need to to get to the hepVo. The most compact way is probably to
use a swivel bend (http://www.bes.co.uk/products/128.asp) The running
adaptor for the hepVo also connects to 32mm pipe.

many thanks
Jim

Connecting basin waste to WC waste avocado UK diy 3 June 13th 08 09:13 AM
Flipover basin waste Jeff Layman UK diy 3 August 13th 07 10:59 PM
Basin waste plug Tim Lamb UK diy 9 March 24th 07 09:51 AM
Basin Waste over joist! Peter Hemmings UK diy 13 October 22nd 06 11:30 AM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM