Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bidet mixer tap repair

We have just got back from our Caribbean cruise to find a puddle of
water around the bidet in the bathroom.

There is a small leak from the bottom of the mixer tap. Unfortunately
the builders neglected to fit service valves so I will have to turn
off both supplies. I think the job will have to wait until after
Christmas now.

Anyway there is a flexible connector to the bottom of the mixer which
is crimped on and just seems to swivel round as though there is an O
ring joint.

Any ideas on what this joint is and how it can be repaired would be
most welcome.

I remember one my old mates who was a plumber telling me a story about
how he turned on the bidet he had just fitted and got soaked. His
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:
We have just got back from our Caribbean cruise to find a puddle of
water around the bidet in the bathroom.

There is a small leak from the bottom of the mixer tap. Unfortunately
the builders neglected to fit service valves so I will have to turn
off both supplies. I think the job will have to wait until after
Christmas now.

Anyway there is a flexible connector to the bottom of the mixer which
is crimped on and just seems to swivel round as though there is an O
ring joint.

Picky would help a lot.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 22, 6:37*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
chudford wrote:
We have just got back from our Caribbean cruise to find a puddle of
water around the bidet in the bathroom.

There is a small leak from the bottom of the mixer tap. *Unfortunately
the builders neglected to fit service valves so I will have to turn
off both supplies. *I think the job will have to wait until after
Christmas now.

Anyway there is a flexible connector to the bottom of the mixer which
is crimped on and just seems to swivel round as though there is an O
ring joint.

Picky would help a lot.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

First time I have used pictures so hope this works.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow...1/t_=155724541
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
chudford wrote:
We have just got back from our Caribbean cruise to find a puddle of
water around the bidet in the bathroom.

There is a small leak from the bottom of the mixer tap.
Unfortunately the builders neglected to fit service valves so I
will have to turn off both supplies. I think the job will have to
wait until after Christmas now.

Anyway there is a flexible connector to the bottom of the mixer
which is crimped on and just seems to swivel round as though there
is an O ring joint.

Picky would help a lot.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

First time I have used pictures so hope this works.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow...1/t_=155724541

They are flexible tap tails. Neither end should swivel! Beyond the crimp
is a screw thread sealed by an O ring with a hexagon.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27936/...00mm-Pack-of-2

At the bottom are standard compression fittings. Turn off water, slacken
off compression fittings, tighten up hexagons securing flexible into tap
base, retighten compressions, restore water - all should be well. Hold the
nut on the flexible still while you tighten up compressions to avoid
twisting.

If not the O ring(s) on the tap tails have gone

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
chudford wrote:
[...]

Or the braided bit has come uncrimped from the rigid bit which screws into
the tap - maybe because it was strained on original installation. If that is
the case, the whole flexible tail will need to be replaced.
--
Cheers,
Roger

KitchenAid mixer repair Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 11 November 25th 08 05:37 AM
Ceramic mixer tap repair Siggy UK diy 6 August 25th 07 09:20 PM
kitchen mixer/universal transformer repair deauville rider Electronics Repair 9 November 24th 05 08:50 PM
Motor repair - Kenwood mixer Iain Mac Donald UK diy 14 November 3rd 05 06:17 PM
Plumbing a bidet Peter Taylor UK diy 22 March 17th 04 09:38 AM