Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's the bit that turns a tap called?

As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? We have two
perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic
knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed
from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really
know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not
the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A hand ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? We have two
perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic
knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed
from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really
know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not
the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

--
Chris Green

Acrylic Head or Acrylic Tap Head. The sheds sell them.

Don.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don wrote:

wrote in message
As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? We have two
perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic
knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed
from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really
know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not
the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

--
Chris Green

Acrylic Head or Acrylic Tap Head. The sheds sell them.

Aaaahhhh!! "Head", thank you. :-)

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Dec, 18:08, "Don" wrote:
wrote in message

As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? *We have two
perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic
knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed
from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really
know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not
the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

--
Chris Green

Acrylic Head or Acrylic Tap *Head. The sheds sell them.

Don.

There are loads of different sizes though. I know, I sold them many
years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called?

spigot?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Richard
Head writes

wrote in message
. ..
As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? We have two
perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic
knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed
from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really
know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not
the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

--
Chris Green

Knob head

VBG- any relation ?