Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ants

We live in the North West and ants have started to come into the house.
Can anyone tell me why they are out and about at this time of the year?
Are they Christmas shopping by any chance :-)

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:15:51 +0000, Dave wrote:

We live in the North West and ants have started to come into the house.
Can anyone tell me why they are out and about at this time of the year?

Coming in out of the cold and found a nice food supply some where?

We don't have ants, too cold.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:15:51 +0000, Dave wrote:

We live in the North West and ants have started to come into the house.
Can anyone tell me why they are out and about at this time of the year?

Coming in out of the cold and found a nice food supply some where?

We don't have ants, too cold.

That's what I thought, but it was frosty last night with very little
sunshine through the day. There has been more sunshine last week than
there is now.
We don't usually see the little buggers till March. We have no ant bait
packs, talcum powder or ant spray right now, so the buggers have caught
us on the wrong foot.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:42:17 +0000, Dave
wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:15:51 +0000, Dave wrote:

We live in the North West and ants have started to come into the house.
Can anyone tell me why they are out and about at this time of the year?

Coming in out of the cold and found a nice food supply some where?

We don't have ants, too cold.

That's what I thought, but it was frosty last night with very little
sunshine through the day. There has been more sunshine last week than
there is now.
We don't usually see the little buggers till March. We have no ant bait
packs, talcum powder or ant spray right now, so the buggers have caught
us on the wrong foot.

Dave

How bizarre. You've not disturbed them outside?
I'd put a big loads of sugar near their nest and spend an hour
watching them go mental and taking it all away. Ants are ace.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Dec, 20:15, Dave wrote:
We live in the North West and ants have started to come into the house.
Can anyone tell me why they are out and about at this time of the year?
Are they Christmas shopping by any chance *:-)

Dave

It'd possibly be best to sell the house.

Ants Dave UK diy 21 August 5th 07 11:18 PM
Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 04:13 AM
Ants DS Home Repair 10 July 30th 05 01:36 AM
Getting Rid of Ants julvr Home Repair 13 May 25th 05 11:28 AM
Ants G.W. Walker UK diy 65 May 7th 04 11:18 PM