Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NICEIC periodic testing

Just had my workshop wiring tested prior to EDF giving me a three
phase feed - chap was there a full 4 hours pulling things apart and
measuring, he was very thorough - passed everything (only had to bond
the oil pipe as boiler fellow hadn't) So far so good, but when the
certificate came a few things are blatently wrong. Wiring is described
as pvc in metal trunking whereas it is all pvc in plastic tunking. The
commando socket radials are described as 32a not the 16a that they
actually are, and twelve are supposedly there rather than the three
that exist. Of the three ring mains, all of which are wired in 2.5mm
conduit wiring including the CPC, two are described as having 1.5mm
CPCs.

Should I worry - I have the bit of paper needed for the connection but
it ain't right!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Dec, 13:18, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
Just had my workshop wiring tested prior to EDF giving me a three
phase feed - chap was there a full 4 hours pulling things apart and
measuring, he was very thorough - passed everything (only had to bond
the oil pipe as boiler fellow hadn't) So far so good, but when the
certificate came a few things are blatently wrong. Wiring is described
as pvc in metal trunking whereas it is all pvc in plastic tunking. The
commando socket radials are described as 32a not the 16a that they
actually are, and twelve are supposedly there rather than the three
that exist. Of the three ring mains, all of which are wired in 2.5mm
conduit wiring including the CPC, two are described as having 1.5mm
CPCs.

Should I worry - I have the bit of paper needed for the connection but
it ain't right!

AWEM

If it isn't right then an on the ball EDF man could well refuse your
connection. Have you challenged the inspection company as to why they
have misdescribed the installation? You don't make it clear if the
supply is actually connected but even if it is the next inspection is
going to pull the previous report apart.
Sorry to say NICEIC appear to be getting a reputation similar to CORGI
through just this sort of behaviour by their members

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"cynic" wrote in message
On 10 Dec, 13:18, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
[...]

Ask for a new certificate. Explain to the company that did the PIR that
there are mistakes on your certificate and you would like them correcting.

Adam

NICEIC gone bust? John Stumbles UK diy 8 June 21st 07 10:28 PM
How to get a NICEIC Part P after extention build Chris3791 UK diy 21 March 2nd 07 07:37 PM
NICEIC rewire, how many faults? ARWadsworth UK diy 6 December 3rd 06 09:20 PM
NICEIC Contractors ElectriciansForum UK diy 7 June 23rd 05 08:41 AM
Scaremongering (NICEIC) Martin Angove UK diy 51 June 13th 05 01:06 AM