Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default NICEIC periodic testing

Just had my workshop wiring tested prior to EDF giving me a three
phase feed - chap was there a full 4 hours pulling things apart and
measuring, he was very thorough - passed everything (only had to bond
the oil pipe as boiler fellow hadn't) So far so good, but when the
certificate came a few things are blatently wrong. Wiring is described
as pvc in metal trunking whereas it is all pvc in plastic tunking. The
commando socket radials are described as 32a not the 16a that they
actually are, and twelve are supposedly there rather than the three
that exist. Of the three ring mains, all of which are wired in 2.5mm
conduit wiring including the CPC, two are described as having 1.5mm
CPCs.

Should I worry - I have the bit of paper needed for the connection but
it ain't right!

AWEM