Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default energy monitor without the tree hugger crap

Want to get one of those whole house electricity usage monitors, the type
that you attatch to the meter tails, tho i have seen more and more of the
type with a photo diode that you place over the led on the meters that flash
a red led to indicate the power usage (some weird rate of 800 times per kwh
used apparantly)

but knowing what current i'm using would be handy to me rather than just
cost,

i've read that some arent that accurate, obviousely some better than others,
but searching through the available ones, it seems they are more interested
in showing you how much your killing the planet rather than the money you
are spending in doing so.

are there any of these monitors that dont have any of the hippy type tree
hugging loonie appocolypse prediction type displays?
i'm not interested in how much co2 im producing, i just want to see what it
costs me to run this place and how much power i'm pulling in doing so,
i will try to reduce the power usage but only so i can afford more diesel
for my old mechanical injection engined, non cat'd motorhome

Energy saving monitor ? Hugh Jampton UK diy 16 November 15th 08 11:33 PM
Wattson Energy Monitor Crispin UK diy 7 October 10th 08 12:10 AM
OT Humor - The Tree Hugger Joe Bleau Woodworking 0 March 30th 07 03:58 AM
Energy Monitor in Lidl Sunday 12th Sparks UK diy 21 November 13th 06 12:31 PM