Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.antiques

Default Mending a windsor chair

I asked some time ago on this newsgroup
if anyone knew of a furniture restorer
who specializes in windsor chairs.

Various suggestions were made;
but unfortunately none of them came to anything.

Someone mentioned that there was a furniture restorer in Northern Ireland
who fitted the bill, but I wasn't able to find them.

So if anyone know anyone in the UK who specializes -
or is just an expert in - the repair of windsor chairs
I should be very grateful for the information.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI Timothy

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I asked some time ago on this newsgroup
if anyone knew of a furniture restorer
who specializes in windsor chairs.

Various suggestions were made;
but unfortunately none of them came to anything.

Someone mentioned that there was a furniture restorer in Northern Ireland
who fitted the bill, but I wasn't able to find them.

So if anyone know anyone in the UK who specializes -
or is just an expert in - the repair of windsor chairs
I should be very grateful for the information.

Did I mention my friend Michael Harding-Hill -
http://antique-english-windsor-chairs.com ?

We made a website for him many years ago (not the one that's currently
on the web!) - and he seemed to be quite an authority on Windsor Chairs

He in the UK - but I'm sure he'd know of somebody this side of the water
who could work on your chair for you....

HTH
Adrian

Windsor chair restoration? Timothy Murphy UK diy 8 January 5th 08 07:01 PM
Windsor chair restoration? Timothy Murphy UK diy 0 October 9th 07 12:11 PM
Mending Windsor chair Timothy Murphy UK diy 6 November 4th 05 07:34 PM
Windsor chair repair CRR Woodworking 2 January 24th 05 11:10 PM
Windsor Chair question [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 23rd 05 11:00 PM